Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Time to Dig Deep and other musings

Take the time to have a read of the above message folk......yup the Crew over at Hybrid (you can find the link on the side of my blog) have decided to pitch in and help out...lots of GREAT goodies have been donated and will be up for grabs so go on over and have a look and make a bid. I'm also going to post the above ad on the side of my blog and you can just click on that as well to take you to the Hybrid Forum.

As for me well my MOJO (scrapping juices) has been on the low side this week...I only managed to get 3 of the 4 Cyber Crop layouts done....apologies to Maria for not getting hers done...but no matter what I tried the MOJO wouldn't flow!!! Heres the three I did manage to get done....






People often ask me how do you do scrapbooking??? The thing with scrapbooking is that there is no right or wrong way to scrap. Each scrapper has their own style but most are open to trying something new. I look at some of my earlier attempts at scrapping and I shudder with horror but I still keep those earlier layouts as they show my progression within this hobby. The other thing I like about scrapping is that it doesn't HAVE to be chronological. In other words unlike a photo album where you try to get some sort of time continuity happening you don't have to do that with scrapping. For example the album I have done of Kaitlyn jumps all over the place time wise. One page may be of her as a newborn and the next as a 7 year old.

The other side of scrapping is what is called OTP, or Off The Page. With OTP it is literally that. You aren't scrapping on a 12 x 12 inch square of paper but you are scrapping an object. It could be a cup, photoframe, a mini album the list is endless...heres a couple of OTP items I have done.......





This one is a Kaisercraft Tag holder that I painted and papered....yeah I know I have to finish the tags but you get the idea......



...and this one is a plaque which sits on a small easel that I picked up from Ikea. So the possibilities are endless....lets not forget a few blog posts ago I showed you a computer I had scrapped recently!!!!








Other non scrap news this week is that Kaitlyn and I are set to go to Tuvalu in April to see Kerry. Tickets and everything have been comfirmed etc so we are now counting down to take off!!!! Kaitlyn has well and truley settled in to her new school and is enjoying it immensly. She has also started dancing again and is now doing five classes a week. Hip Hop, Jazz Ballet, Jazz Acrobatics, Classical Ballet and a private lesson learning a dance which will be performed at their end of year concert in November. How she does it or where she gets the energy from beats me but she loves to dance and so far so good.....and yes she is sleeping well at night. Well speaking of sleep time for me to hit the hay.......

No comments: