Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just before Bed Time....I like to.....

....sit and have a little play with Photoshop!! Well it's certainly different to having a cup of warm milk!!! I find it very relaxing and it helps to slow my brain down after a very busy day. I can sit and fiddle and experiment with this and that and funnily enough I talk to myself a lot while doing it. Comments such as "Oooooh thats what that clicky thing does" and "WOW I'll have to do that" can be heard on a regular basis coming out of our computer room. However I have to make sure I write notes to myself on how I did things because guarantee that when I want to use and effect/brush/font etc I'll forget how/what I did!!!


Anyway my latest efforts aren't digi layouts I have been playing with effects you can get with photos and here is one of the first things I have been and am still playing with:







If you look very carefully the words Love You are cut out and you can see the photo in them. I found the most amazing tutorial while trawling the net on how to do this. You can check it out here:


Ok the other thing I have been playing with is creating word art...you know the word thingies to use on your scrapping either digital or paper...ok look here's an example of what I have been doing:



Or here is one of my first efforts:



Now all things going well once I come back from my Tuvaluan holiday....mmm 3 weeks in the tropics...I will be full bottle on word art and have created a stash of WA to post on here that you folks can download for free....

Ok time for a gripe. We are ALL aware of the body image problems our youth of today have especially our teenagers...but I really do have to wonder what clothing manufacturers are thinking. Do they just go "yeah that looks like a size whatever" and make up their own sizes??? My DD is only 7 1/2 and is already getting mixed signals about her 'size'. In her school uniform she takes a size 8 child in everything dresses, shirts, sports gear etc, which is about right for her age. However buy her clothing from Big W she needs to have a size 12!!! Best & Less she needs to get a size 14 child and Target and K-Mart she takes a size 10 childrens!!!! Talk about a mixed messages!! I bought her some clothes recently from BigW as they had marked down their summer stock for clearance and when she saw the size she wanted to know if she was getting fat because I had to buy her a size 12!!! I ended up showing her that the t-shirts were the same size as her sports shirt from school which are a size 8!!!

Talk about unfair...thoughts anyone????

1 comment:

Toni said...

I completely agree! Part of the problem is that overseas manufacturers use different sizes but you would think if they were being made for an Aussie store, they could finalise a consistent sizing!
I think they only way this is going to change is if everyone writes to complain every time.
I refuse to buy from stores that insist I'm a size 16, why they think that would attract me is a complete mystery.