Monday, March 28, 2011

Testicles, spectacles, keys, wallet, watch........

....yeah I thought I might get your attention with that blog heading!!! This is the mantra Fred recites almost without fail before he/we go out anywhere....and you'd be right if you thought "well thats a typical blokey thing for a male to say" and you would be right. You see my Fred is what I like to think of as a "mans man". He's hairy and boofy, he releases odiferous man smells, he likes a drink he ONLY shaves his face, he likes to watch sport, he thinks fart jokes are hilarious and therefore it is his duty to share all of his farts with us and so on.

He is I think a dying breed. These days we seem to want a more effeminate style man. One who shaves more than his face you know the whole back, sack and crack deal....men who cleanse and moisturize their "manhides".....men who are more in touch with their feminine sides. Check out ANY womens magazine and thats what you see men denuded of all their body hair and articles on how your man should act in keeping with todays world and todays modern woman.

I dont know about you Dear Reader but these days our men seem to have lost all of their rights to be "blokes" in exchange for us women getting equal rights. Todays man must walk the tightrope of political correctness and a whole range of issues to avoid offending we women.

Generally as a rule Fred and I DO have an equal partnership we share household chores and child rearing duties (when he is living in the same house in the same country of course) but there are still things he does because it's the blokey thing to do and he chooses to do them. He mows the lawns, changes lightbulbs, puts out the rubbish, cooks the BBQ's when we entertain (I do the whole salad and nibbly bit), he changes the flat tyres and puts air in the tyres too. I like it...I like it a lot...dont get me wrong he's not chauvanistic but he feels that part of his job in life is to look after his family and I really appreciate that AND it makes me feel special.

I love my not so politically correct, hairy, odiferous man...he rocks my world just the way he is...well not the odiferous part so much.....this is what makes him HIM!!!


1 comment:

Toni said...

BRAVO!!! great post, Maree -- and you know I agree 100%!!