Monday, March 14, 2011

Toilets and telephones!!! Part 1

Probably two of the most useful inventions of all time would have to be the flushing toilet and the telephone! Both of these items have given me some memorable conversations with my daughter, Little Miss K. You see I believe she has a "must talk to Mum" gene which is only activated when I either go to the toilet OR am having a phone conversation with someone. We can spend a WHOLE day at home together and she will have only spoken to me a couple of times and then I go to the toilet and WHAMMO!!!

Little Miss K: (screaming from the other end of the house) Muuuuuuuuum where are you???

Me: I'm in the toilet

Little Miss K: If you are in the toilet you will get wet Mummy

Me: Ok I'm on the toilet


Little Miss K: What are you doing Mum???

Me: well I'm doing what most people do on the toilet

Little Miss K: Oh so you are doing poo's and wee's Mum? Can you read me a story Mum???

Me: can I do it when I get off the toilet??

Little Miss K: Ok can I have something to eat???

Me: Yes I will get you something in a minute

A few seconds of silence then ensue followed by

Little Miss K: Muuuuuuuum are you finished yet???

Me: Almost

Little Miss K:Well I'm really hungry Mummy. Dont forget to wipe your bottom Mum...and wash your hands

Me: Yes Sweetheart thank you for reminding me

So you get the drift I would also add that there is also no privacy when it comes to toilets in our house with  Little Miss K.She has been known to almost fling the door off it's hinges to have a conversation with myself or Fred while we sit contemplating life!!!

Then of course there is the telephone no matter what Little Miss K will start a phone conversation with me while I am talking to someone on the phone. Mind you this has had it's advantages. In the days prior to the Do Not Call Register I would get unsolicited phone calls from people trying to sell me stuff. But I would politely tell them I wasnt interested but would they like to talk to my daughter??? Oh yes came the reply...so I would duly hand the phone over to Little Miss K, whose favourite film at the time was "The Lion King" (well she was only 3) and she would start rabbitting on about the movie. It was so hard not to laugh when she would look at me with tears in her eyes as she told me "Dey did hanged up Mummy"

To be continued.........

1 comment:

Toni said...

LIGHTBULB MOMENT!

I'm SO going to try this with the next telephone mob that rings me.